Friday, November 14, 2014

The F word for Sunday

Sunday's journey centers around one F word. No, not what you're thinking...

F - O - C - U - S

I've put in the training. I'm feeling good physically and mentally. Now the challenge is to stay there until I've crossed that line and heard those sweet words "You are an Ironman."

The last few weeks have taught me it's all mental at this point. I need to put my head in the right place and stay focused. 

And the other saying for the day is I want to have a "Fuck Yes" race! (Thanks Rich for that!) I want to get to the finish line and be able to know that I've given it my all, no regrets.

My favorite saying on the wall at the Cycle Studio:

What are you afraid of?
Passing out?
(You'll live)

Not being able to breathe?
(That will eventually go away)

Not being strong enough to finish?
(You'll find the strength to follow through)

The competition?
(It only makes you work harder)

Give it everything you've got, 
because you should have nothing left in you 
when you cross the finish line.
Be fearless... From Start to Finish

I've unmasked my fears, stopped worrying about what ANYONE else thinks about my journey and am ready to face Sunday. With everything it has to give me, I'm ready. I'm ready to be fearless. I'm ready to give it everything I've got. I'm ready to embrace the suck. I'm ready to be victorious. 

Thanks for all the love and support. You can track online at Ironman.com, click on live results, select Arizona. Bib #1301

1 comment:

  1. I screenshot'd your bib # so I can follow your finish from work Sunday night! Huge cheers from Ohio!!!!

    ReplyDelete