Thursday, November 20, 2014

My heart is full

It's been a few days and the sting of Sunday is starting to fade. I cannot fully express my gratitude for all of the love and support that was provided to me after the heartache of having to end my day 15 miles short. I'm blown away and quite frankly speechless (which is rare!) at the outpouring of love, support and comments.

I went to make an edit on Tuesday night, less than 24 hours since I posted my race report and I already had 1,000 visitors to that blog entry. Many of you have said it, and I'm starting to believe it, I probably will never know the reach of my story and what inspiration it may provide to others. As I've said all along, this blog and sharing my story was selfish to help me learn, grow and heal. I'm so blessed that many people from all over the globe have tuned in to watch it unfold and cheer me on.

I have some people I'd like to publicly thank in no specific order:

-God and Alanon - through this I have found a renewed contact with my higher power that has made this journey possible. Without this, I would have never passed my fears and made myself vulnerable to share this journey so openly with strangers and friends alike.

-My parents - Your love and support has been unconditional. From embracing your fears of me falling off my bike to understanding the tri lingo, you both are the reason this has all been possible. Thanks for never telling me "you can't." Although, I appreciate your advice Dad, but I can't do the bike last :)

-Brian - You're the closest thing I'll probably ever have to a spouse. You have taken the brunt of my bitchiness, my stress and complaints. You get all of the bad and I only hope that you get some good along with it. Thank you for always believing in me and foregoing a tropical vacation for the last two years so I can chase my dream. Thank you for reminding me that sometimes the greatest gifts and rewards don't come on the 1st, 2nd or 5th try.

-Back on My Feet - my staff and friends Brian and Liz are so supportive of my racing and training and they along with all of our wonderful volunteers, Resident Members (even in other cities) continually serve as my motivation to keep going, regardless of what I'm facing.

-Ironman Staff - Dave & Melinda, BMayes, the GodFather, Tom, Mike - you have ALL made this journey so incredible and one for the story books. I cannot thank you enough for all your love, support, shout outs, smiles, encouragement and just pure awesomeness. I look forward to seeing you at each race. Please know that I will never quit giving it my all and I WILL be racing in 2015. and 16. and 17. You get the idea :-)

-Robert & Ang - you have lifted me up in so much support that I am overwhelmed with your kindness. Thank you so much for always encouraging me and for raising two wonderful daughters. Sarg, thanks for always kicking my ass with a smile and hearty chuckle!

-Andrea, Jessica, Kerry, Danny, Klayton, Nicole, John, Mark, Francis, Ryan, Catherine, Brenda, Tina, Bud & Jill, Robin, Deb, Elysha, Monika and everyone on the course that was out volunteering and cheering. Thank you so much for being out there. Thank you to all my friends that were there in spirit that wanted to be there! Thanks to Marti and Andrea for setting intentions for me in your classes!

-Shea and all the coaches at the Cycle Studio (Kyla, Josh, Julian, Ryan and David) - Last year's Chrissy would have never made the bike cutoff in this year's conditions. Thank you for your coaching and support. Shea thanks for making sure my mind and body got to the start line ready to rally!

-Chris & Matt Tanner - RecoverFast is awesome and that hyperbaric chamber has made the difference in my breathing (and sleep at night!) and my friend even commented on the run Sunday I sounded like a different person.

-Dr. Matt and Apex Therapy (Damon and Jenni) - you all keep me continually able to keep going physically!

-FitLivin' - a great group of local athletes that are here to support each other in their goals, no matter how big or small.

-My family, friends, and AKPsi brothers - I cringe at doing a public call out, because it never fails, you always miss someone, even when you do not mean to. So please know that everyone that has ever said anything to me, read a blog post or supported my fundraising campaign has a stake in my journey. It all matters. It all lifts me up. It all encourages me to keep going.

Through this journey, that isn't even close to being done, I've pushed myself far more than I ever dreamed possible. I've had some huge wins and some disappointing misses, but I'm still here, stronger than ever moving forward. Together we have raised more than $20,000 for Back on My Feet to help change the lives of others - thank you!

What's next?
The next few months will include serious focus on my diet and nutrition. I'm so excited to get back to CrossFit next week and work on strength. 2015 will bring several 70.3 races and RAINStorm. I'll go volunteer at #IMAZ to cheer friends on and register so I can toe that line again in 2016.

“It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”
― Theodore Roosevelt


No comments:

Post a Comment