Thursday, June 27, 2013

I'm falling in love

Something has clicked. I don't know what, how or why but it has. I'm falling in love with training for Ironman.  Much like a new relationship, it's taking all my time as my money! But unlike any relationship I've ever been in, I'm feeling good about myself without any doubts.  I don't have to have fear that Ironman will cheat on me like most other guys have. I don't have to share it, it's all mine.

New before you all think I've given up on finding guy to date, hush. I knew this year that work would come first and then Ironman training, leaving little time for dating. While I know that past relationships have been nothing but fucking disasters and good stories for lots of laughs at social gatherings, I have hope that if I'm living the life I love, then love will find me when it's right.

Fucking tangent, so back to training. I used to hate training. I would argue with the committee in my head trying to reason my way out of a workout.  Now I look forward to them, whatever challenge may come along with that workout. I'm loving the inner strength I'm finding. I'm in awe that my desire to push harder, faster and stronger is finally starting to drown out my head to telling me to slow down, stop or quit.

I realized last night my back no longer feels stiff and sore when I swim because my core is getting stronger. I've found muscles I didn't know existed and I'm just about into those five pairs of pants I bought on sale two years ago because I was only 10 pounds away and never managed to get there.

Now, Ironman Arizona is still a little less than five months away. I know I'll be back here to blog those days when I fucking hate training and wonder what I was on when I decided to take one on. But for today I'm loving it and I'm full of passion and gratitude even in the thick of a 15 hour training week.

4 comments:

  1. you rock Chrissy! keep up the dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes you feel good when people tell you what a great job you're doing.

    BUT WHEN YOU FEEL IT IN YOUR SOUL ...that's the moment you know you're on the journey of your life. It's now for YOU and no one else!!

    You've come a long way baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how completely unedited you are and stay true to yourself! Your first ironman is the journey of a lifetime--keep it up, IMAZ will be here before you know it. I'm just a random triathlete who stumbled on your blog. Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete