Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fit Flex Fly

Try saying that three times fast. Hell, I can barely get it out right one time.

As I was walking toward F3 to go to my first TRX class there some nice asshat said to me "are you really sure you can do that workout? Hanging from straps attached to the ceiling. Shouldn't you try Curves first?" Seriously? Who the fuck says that kind of stuff to people? It was a woman coming out of Curves. I wanted to say, shouldn't you stick your head up your ass and put your hat on? But I didn't. I just said "yeah, it's pretty fun." Just another day in my life with this new path I've chosen. People doubting your abilities just by looking at you.

So I walk into F3 and am greeted by a fist bump from the owner, Mark. He has a nice sense of humor and a kind way of encouraging you.

The class was awesome: loud and fast-paced music, lots of variety that keeps your HR UP, circuits, stretching and a super quick run to warm up. Add in a class with lots of fun and young professionals, free water and towels and I have to ask you what's not to love.

I hung pretty well with the class. Sweating a shitton and am most positive I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

So to the woman who tried to sell me on curves? No fuckyou very much.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Chrissy! Sounds wildly intimidating, way to give it a go!

    And I always say there is a special place in hell for women who don't support other women, shame on her. Way to hold your tongue and your head high.

    xo sk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta vote with Shannon on this one - shame on her for not encouraging you!! You rock Ms. Vasquez

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so awesome. I would have had a really hard time not listing my (your) amazing list of accomplishments and then saying, yeah, I think I can handle it. Fucktard.

    ReplyDelete