Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The longest off season. Ever.

Hey there. It's been a while...

Anyone else hear the Staind song in their head now? Yeah, me neither.



Anyhoo. I'm coming off the longest off season, ever. Pretty much since I crashed in Augusta at the Ironman 70.3. What is that, like 18 months?



So this great book by Alicia DiFabio came out and I'm honored to be one of the featured stories. Frankly, after reading about some of the kickass-nothing-can-stop me ladies in this book, I've not a clue how I made the cut for 'Women Who Tri' seriously the first story made me cry and think "I'm not worthy."





My blog is mentioned in the book and Velo Press has been tweeting about it, so figured I better get off my ass and start blogging again. I've missed it, there's something therapeutic and freeing dumping some of my inner most thoughts onto the inter web where anyone can read it and the pass judgment. It helps me with my I don't give-a-fuck-what-you-think-attitude which keeps me doing crazy stuff that pushes me out of my comfort zone and stimulates growth.



I've signed up for the Chicago Marathon in October, my first stand alone marathon outside of an Ironman. Figured I better get better at running if I'm going to go back to triathlon. I miss triathlon. I really do. For a long time I didn't miss it when I watched a race or when I stalked a friend on Irontracker come race day. But I find myself missing it now, so I'm not done.



I've made some progress on my run, snagged a few PR's in a 5K and the 8K. I'm working on building distance. So I'll share some shit, err, stuff along the way.



In the mean time enjoy some pictures from my run in San Francisco today.



                                                             Running with Team Soma



                                                    Chillin' at the Bay Bridge, reflecting



'One of the things I love about running is you can do it anywhere. All you need is a pair of sneakers and a sense of adventure. The thing I love about @BoMF is that it doesn't matter if you're fast or slow, first or last, all that matters is you want to get better and you keep putting one foot in front of the other, in running and life.' #scenesfrommyrun #transformation #community #improvement #determination #grit #change #dontstop #love #family #DFS



So welcome back. Welcome back. Welcome back. Welcome b-a-c-k. Anyone seen Carter? Ahem, Kotter?



Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Just so we're clear, you are every bit as worthy to be a featured story as anyone else. You are one inspirational, lady!

    PS - You'll love the vibe at Chicago! It's a "fun" marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see a new post! And you are worthy... not just talkin' about the book here. You are worthy in every single way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Christy! I know you'll succeed at whatever you do. I wish you'd blog again more! I've always enjoyed reading your blog. I know things must be crazy with BOMF. Lots of love from Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are going to buy the best quality of wetsuits for mens then you must consider the size and fit of the wetsuit.

    Check the various sizes and variants of the Wetsuits at https://jetpilot.com.au/collections/mens-wetsuits

    ReplyDelete