Friday, May 13, 2016

I'll have another

Lindsey Hein (http://lindseyhein.com/) is a mom, incredible runner, coach and social media pro. She has started a podcast called "I'll Have Another," just casual and fun conversations with people she wants to get to know better so she can share their stories with her listeners.

Lindsey and I have known each other for five years and met through Back on My Feet as she was staff when I was a volunteer. Lindsey has always been an incredible supporter of our work and of my personal journey. She is the reason I got involved with Back on My Feet in the first place.

On Monday Lindsey had me into her home so we could catch up on her podcast. We had a great time chatting, it was fun to chat for longer than the usual 5 minute catch up we get at events.

It was really easy chatting to Lindsey, she's so sweet and asked a lot of great questions. Lindsey has been pretty open on her blog about what she's gone through as a runner and a mom and I think that's why we connect so well, we share it like it is. We could have talked about any of the many topics we covered forever: Back on My Feet, Running, Triathlon, Ironman, Being a Back of a Packer, Concerts, my TedX talk, TV shows, Meals on Wheels. There's laughter and tears

If you're looking for something lighthearted and fun on your podcast list I'd highly suggest "I'll Have Another" as it's full of laughs, sometime tears and a lot of inspiration - even if you aren't a runner!

Take a listen to Episode 10 where I share some of what's been going on and become a subscriber so you can get new episodes. It's on Itunes, stitcher and google play.


5 comments:

  1. Chrissy,

    I've been listening to "I'll have another" and I came across your episode today. Thank you for sharing your story. As a runner who is also heavily involved in the social work field, I really appreciate your story and your willingness to share - especially the part about taking care of yourself before others. It needs to happen and running has always been my outlet to do so. Just wanted to say thanks...you may have inspired me to run an ironman one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Morgan - I'm so sorry I missed this post! Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! It is hard to put ourselves first, but we have to. I like the analogy that we hear on the airplane, we're told to put our masks on first and then help someone else. There's a reason, we can't help someone else if we're passed out! I've been learning that I can't truly love others until I love myself first. Thanks for helping others and good luck as you embark on Ironman training. Always happy to help you along the way :)

      Delete
  2. I was scrolling through "I'll Have Another" episodes and something that would catch my attention (trying to nurse my hangover from "Serial") based on recommendations from the internet...none of them really applied to me so I couldn't really connect. I hit episode 10 and I have listened to it 3 times. I've laughed and cried every time. You are amazing and honest and inspiring and so real!! I love it! I am a terrible runner...I have done 2 half marathons and will do my third in November. My PR is 2:35...I know that's not good but I always have a fear of being behind the pact. I just want to thank you for sharing your story! I am terrified of letting someone help me get better, shit...I'm terrified to let anyone run with me, or to talk to me or look at me when I run. On my first half, I hit a wall at 12 miles. Some angels sent from heaven joined me (I have no idea if they were pacers or if they were just runners, or who they were but they kept calling me by name and telling me I could do it and to not stop and to give it all I had. I get chills typing about it. They sang "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey and had me sing with them as I ran. When I came close to the finish, they told me to take it home and I crossed the line by myself, I have no idea where they went. I enjoyed hearing your story. Thank you for putting it all out there!! I hope you will do another podcast again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! Thanks for sharing your story! I love how there's always someone there when we need it to give it that extra push to the finish! Your time is something I'm working toward!! That would be a huge PR for me! Feel free to find me online, happy to support you!

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh!!! Thank you for your reply! I'd love to find you on Instagram!!

      Delete